One of the most important pieces of furniture in the kitchen room is the dining table or the Small kitchen table along with its complementary chairs.
The furniture accommodates the homeowners and their visitors in the kitchen.
The kitchen being dubbed as the “secondary living room”, dining tables and chairs serve as welcoming furniture in the house.
Also, its design and style set the tone or ambiance in the kitchen. In consequence, a strong yet stylish and elegant kitchen table and chairs are imperative in every home.
Best Small Kitchen Table Reviews
1.Winsome Wood Suzanne Kitchen, Square, Teak
2. Dorel Living Montgomery 3-Piece Dining Set, Dark Mahogany
3. Winsome Moreno Dining Table, Black
4. Need Small Square Dining Table- 31-1/2” Sturdy and Heavy Duty Writing Desk for Small Spaces and Writing Table Desk
5. Signature Design by Ashley Woodanville Dining Room Drop Leaf Table, Cream/Brown
6. HAYOSNFO Round Dining Table with Glass Top, Glass Dining Table, Modern Leisure Table with Wood Legs, Coffee Table for Kitchen Dining Room & Living Room
7. Mainstays 5-piece Counter Height Dining Set, Warm in Black
8. Roundhill Furniture 3-Piece Counter Height Dining Set with saddleback Stools, White
9. Dining Kitchen Table Small Mid Century Round Coffee Tea Table Modern Leisure Living Room Bistro Bar Table in White, Seat for 2-4
10. Amazon Brand – Ravenna Home Traditional Dining Table 29″H, Black and Rustic Honey Pine
Learn more on bistro tables.
Kitchen tables for small spaces
The kitchen is the place where all forms of food preparation, cooking of the food, and the washing of the utensils after the meal ought to take place.
The kitchen has over the years changed in terms of the appliances that are found there. In today’s modern kitchen, one is likely to find a sink, a refrigerator, cabinets, microwave ovens, and dishwashing machines, all in order to achieve the purpose earlier stated in the kitchen.
The kitchen table is the place where a family would decide to share their meals, whether they are breakfast, lunch, or supper in a close-knit manner, as they enjoy each other’s company and bond.
Also for families with little children, it is important to realize that small children need to be fed lest they wreak havoc in the house and spill food everywhere.
When houses are being constructed, there is generally a lack of adequate land to ensure that the space available for the rooms, including the kitchen will be adequate, thus the need to be wise when it comes to purchasing the kitchen table and utilizing the small space that is available.
The table requires a design that is fashionable and good-looking, where one can invite a friend over and entertain them over a cup of coffee, play board games and if a mess occurs on the table, it ought to be easy to clean.
The kitchen table ought to be among other things, durable and can endure time while still maintaining a good outlook.
Types of small dining tables
Let look at some types of small dining tables and advice about the right shape to get so that you can make the choice that is best for you.
- Folding Dining Tables. These tables can be a great option for a small space since, as the name implies, they can be folded and put away. These are sometimes referred to as card tables, drop-leaf tables, and gateleg tables. Each of these gives you the ability to put them away in storage or move them out of the way.
- Wall-Mounted Dining Tables. These are the most basic of all space saving small dining tables that you might consider. If you are seriously pressed for space, then this table may be a great candidate for consideration. Places that are the most likely to get the most from this table would be studio apartments, dorms, or lofts.
In addition to the types of small dining table options you have, you also have the ability to choose from various shapes such as rectangular, square, oval, and round. Without a doubt, round one will be the most versatile option and should probably be your choice as well.
The reason for this is that, compared to all the other shapes, only round allows you to comfortably squeeze in extra people if needed. In addition to this, round tables seem to help a small dining room flow more naturally.
Solve the Problem of Space with Small Kitchen Tables
Small kitchens can pose a lot of challenges for most homeowners. The limited floor space will also limit your choices for available kitchen tables. Fortunately, there are small kitchen tables that can solve your problem. Using a special small table for your small kitchen is the most sensible decision that you can make.
There is no point in forcing a regular table in small areas. You will just damage the design and aesthetic balance of your kitchen. The best thing is that small tables can open up new design possibilities for your kitchen.
The uniqueness of these tables can make your kitchen adorable and chic. So if you are in the market for a small table, then we will give you all the available types and models that will be suitable for your kitchen.
A Range of Choices for Small Kitchen Tables
Small kitchen tables come in various styles, designs, shapes, and types. Although there are so many varieties of small tables for the kitchen, they all have one thing in common. These tables are exquisitely elegant they will transform your kitchen into a very modern and stylish room.
You will have lots of choices when you shop for small tables for the kitchen. There are expandable tables, drop leaf, folding table, island and wall mount, retro, butterfly leaf, and many more.
They come in various shapes and construction. The most common variety is made from solid wood. But you can also easily find manufactured wood, metal, fiberglass, and glass tables.
Things to consider
There are some things you should consider prior to getting a set of furniture. A few of them are explained below:
- Measurement of your space. This is obvious, but in reality, it is the most significant consideration of all. If you shop before knowing how big or small the table should be, it can cause delay or even worse, purchasing problems. Want a small table that fits in your kitchen corner? Look for a table that does not take up much space in your small area. However, if you are expecting regular guests, you may be looking for a large kitchen table that can accommodate more people at a time. Does a table that large fit your kitchen? Be smart and measure it twice before you make a decision.
- Correct height. Consider people who will sit at the table. If your guests are adults, a standard height for your kitchen table would work fine. However, if you frequently welcome guests that are small children, avoid buying large tables that require high chairs. Children will have difficulty climbing to get into the chair. Further, higher chairs will increase the chances of accidents. Learn about counter height dining sets.
- Round or Square. Rectangular and square tables are customary. It is easy to estimate the number of chairs around so you can customize your table. Certainly, if you purchase a round table, you will eliminate the corners, thus it has more space for your guests. Decide which is best, the preference is yours.
- The number of chairs. Is your family on small? Do you expect a great number of regular guests? The number of people waiting for dinner at the kitchen table affects the kind of table you need to have. Many are contented to buy only the precise number of chairs required. Others feel restless until they have some extra chairs for their drop-in visitors. Remember to check the number of chairs that the table can hold before you buy.
Take Your Pick from Two of the Best tables for Small Kitchen
1. Small Drop Leaf Table — When looking for small kitchen tables, an extendable one is a good option. This Small Drop Leaf Table can be extended from 18-inches (W) to 36-inches (W) making it a highly versatile kitchen table.
It comes in unfinished solid wood so the table can be painted or stained in whatever color you want. This table has shaker legs with arms that can be folded down or up depending on your needs.
Because of its small footprint, the small dropleaf table is perfect for small kitchen and dining areas, nooks, and corner spaces. It is a stylish yet functional table for a small kitchen.
2. 3-pc Modern Dining Table — Round small kitchen tables and very stylish and versatile. You can safely use them in any corner or in the middle of the room. That is why you will get great value from the 3-pc modern dining tables.
This is a modern table and comes with two high backed swivel bar stools. It has a sophisticated look and offers a chic and cool ambiance to your kitchen. The table has a lush wood finish and constructed from durable wood. The bar stool is made from wood and features a cast leather design.
This table will enhance the intimacy in your kitchen and will make it look very stylish. It can also be used as a decorative element for your living room, bar area, and outdoor patio.
Round kitchen tables
Round kitchen tables have unique qualities and styles that will make your kitchen chic and sassy. That is why a round table is a classic favorite of most homeowners.
However, before you buy a round table, you need to consider the shape and size of your kitchen. Round tables are best for round and square shaped kitchens.
They are also ideal if your kitchen has limited floor space. When you have a round table, your kitchen will always be fashionable. This type of table is probably the trendiest furniture that you can place in the kitchen.
Round kitchen tables are also considered perfect Feng Shui enhancements. If you are following the practices of Feng Shui, then it is believed that round tables can enhance harmony and spiritual balance in a room.
Because of this, your kitchen would be very lucky indeed. The smooth and uninterrupted edges of round tables also attract happiness and prosperity to your house. Whether you believe in Feng Shui or not, it would be nice to know that your kitchen table will be able to add luck to your home.
Besides, round tables for the kitchen are very stylish so you have everything to gain and nothing to lose.
Kitchen Table sets
If you want an easier way to furnish the kitchen, then kitchen table sets are your best options. These sets come complete with a table, chairs, and other accessories including a Lazy Susan, decors, centerpiece vase, placemats, and kitchen towel sets.
Because a table set is already complete, it would be easier for you to choose which type or style would be suitable for your kitchen. No more mixing and matching different types of tables and chairs.
Just purchase the appropriate collection so you can immediately furnish or redecorate the kitchen. Aside from convenience, a kitchen table set is a good design element.
The matching table and chairs will give your kitchen a new character and elegance. It will completely recreate the look of your kitchen and give it a fresh appeal that your family will surely love.
What should a kitchen table set consist of?
A good kitchen table for small spaces ought to consist of at least a dinette set and sitting space for at least a few stools. The right furniture in the kitchen can solve alit of space-related problems.
Placing the kitchen table in a strategic location will ensure that it does not occupy a lot of space and one will be able to fit all the desired accessories in the kitchen.
One option that one can look into where space is a great challenge is getting a kitchen table that can be folded. During meal times, people can comfortably eat while occupying the whole space and when it is time to clean up; one can fold it and put it away, so as to avoid bumping into it.
Small dining tables can come in a variety of materials, ranging from glass, plastic, wood, and even steel. So as to suit customer needs, they also come in a variety of shapes, styles, colors, and designs.
Other ideas of small kitchen tables that can occupy little space include extendable tables, drop leaf tables, butter fly leaf, island tables, wall mount tables, and pub dining sets.
To adequately make a choice on the table that will be suitable for you and your kitchen, you need to consider exactly how much space you have, whether you will want the table to perform multiple functions, the type of shape you want, the material that you want it to be made of, and the design that you would want.
Top Styles for Small Kitchens
The first thing you need to do is to plan the layout and decide where you want to place the appliances like refrigerator, microwave, and others. Second thing is to utilize the small spaces in the cabinets wisely.
Throw away the unnecessary things like broken lids and glasses or anything you have kept for nothing. Make sure that all the jars and glasses and plates are stacked tightly inside the cabinet.
Most of the kitchens lack a counter and that’s where the problem is. But if you have a counter then utilize its space properly. Remove every unnecessary appliance like food factory, juicer, and grinder, etc.
from the counter and leave only the coffee maker because you will need it more often. You can place flour, sugar, coffee, and other things in the pantry and can free up even more space from the counter.
The Island Layout
Food storage is necessary and you should figure out how much space you need for it and the utensils. Island layout will help you in storage because you can hang the utensils on the island side.
The U Shape Layout
This is one of the most adopted kitchen ideas throughout the world. This layout is compact and is suitable for you and your family if you use the kitchen regularly. You can have breakfast and meals on the counters and it is easy to access the stove and the sink too.
The L Shape Layout
It is a relatively new idea as far as the kitchen redesign is concerned. Your appliances can be placed in different areas in this layout. This is quite similar to the U shape layout discussed earlier and you can turn it into U shaped layout whenever you want with little additions.
You can come up with your own unique idea or design and can remodel your kitchen in your own way. The interior decoration books available in the market have lots of designs for small kitchens in them and they are gathered from all over the world. If you still do not know what you want to do then you can take the help or advice of some interior decorator.
Benefits of a small dining table
Small kitchen tables can be a great addition to your home, even if you have a nice-looking dining room already. It is surely nice to have a dining room table, but it also nice to have a small kitchen table.
Most people are not very sure if they want to make an investment in buying another table, but a small kitchen definitely comes with a lot of benefits. Below are some of the benefits of a small kitchen table that you can enjoy.
1. Creates a cozy atmosphere: One of the important benefits of a small kitchen table is that they set a cozy atmosphere. Not only that but it also makes your kitchen look more elegant. Mind visions of family dinners are brought by a small kitchen table where you can have a nice morning coffee while reading your newspaper and more.
Adding a small kitchen table can be a great idea if you want that cozy look in your kitchen. It will make the atmosphere of the kitchen so cozy that you would not want to leave your kitchen.
2. Fits Easily in a corner: Another great advantage of a small kitchen table is that they fit very easily into a corner in your kitchen. You don’t need a large kitchen to keep this table. Some of them are specially built to fit in a corner or a nook so that too much space in your kitchen is not occupied.
You don’t need a table that is too big or takes up huge floor space, especially in those kitchens that are small in size. No matter how small your kitchen is, you can surely get a small kitchen table that can fit into your small kitchen as well.
3. Makes your family eat together: Small kitchen tables also encourage your family to eat together. Even if you have a table in your dining room, you may not always feel like eating there as a family.
When you have a small kitchen table where you can sit together with your family in the kitchen, you are more likely to have food together and you will not have all those formalities that come with the dining room table. Spending time with your family is very important, especially when you eat you should sit with your family, talk and eat together.
4. Comes in handy: Small kitchen tables can also come in handy for you to keep some of your cooked food or other foodstuff and containers when you need that extra space when you have a family get-together or party.
Modern kitchen tables
Just because of the functionality provided by the modern kitchen table, many families want to have it these days. Modern kitchen tables can be used for dining as well as preparing food and these two things cause too much wear and tear. This is the reason why your kitchen table looks old and ugly after some time.
To restore the beauty of your table, refinishing would be a great idea. This will also save you money since you won’t need to purchase another new table.
All you got to do is refinish it perfectly to make it look beautiful once again. The old small kitchen table can become a modern kitchen table and give a new look to your kitchen.
When you start refinishing your kitchen table you need to have a chemical stripper first. You should gently brush thick chemical strippers on the table’s surface. Before applying the stripper you should read the instruction first carefully so that you know how much is right for your modern kitchen table.
Let it be on the table for a couple of minutes. After a while, you should take it out using a paint scraper or a knife. You should continue this process until the chemical stripper completely goes off your table.
After that process, you should sand the surface of the table carefully with a grit fine sandpaper and a sanding block. This will make your table smooth again. You can wipe your table with a soft cloth to clean the surface, once you are done with sanding.
Finally, use a wood stain to paint your modern kitchen table and you will see the beauty of your table back. You can use polyurethane on your table for the finishing touch to make it look shiny and new again.
Let the table dry completely before you make use of it. A few days ago your table was like an eyesore in the corner of your kitchen but today it is a great modern kitchen table for your breakfast and meal and the whole family will definitely love the new look and feel.
Modern kitchen tables are beneficial to your home in many ways. They are comparatively inexpensive and give a cozy look at the same time. They just fit into any corner of your kitchen, your family can sit together on this table for eating and it can also be an excellent working space.