A blow-up hot tub or inflatable hot tub is a convenient and inexpensive way to reap the benefits of having your own hot tub at home.
With n inflatable tub you do not have to worry about designating a permanent spot in your home for the hot tub, it is a fraction of the price, and doesn’t involve any complicated installation procedures.
Inflatable Hot Tubs: Our Top Picks
1. Bestway SaluSpa Miami Inflatable Hot Tub
⭐ Best Overall
2. Intex 4-Person Outdoor Portable Inflatable Round Heated Hot Tub
⭐ Best Runner’s Up
3. Bestway SaluSpa 71″ x 26″ Helsinki AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub
⭐ Best for Family
4. Coleman 15442-BW SaluSpa 4 Person Portable
⭐ Best Portable
5. ALEKO 145 Gallon Water Capacity Inflatable tub
⭐ Best 2 Person Inflatable Hot Tub
6. SaluSpa Hawaii Outdoor Inflatable Hot Tub
⭐ Best 6 Person Inflatable Hot Tub
7. Intex 28425E 77in PureSpa Inflatable Spa
⭐ Best 4 Person Inflatable Hot Tub
Hot Tub Maintenance
Keeping your hot tub in tip-top shape. A hot tub is an essential part of your home property that needs proper care.
But one need not be a rocket scientist to know how to maintain and keep it in fine working condition; one only needs to know what to do and when to do it. One good thing about maintaining a hot tub is that it need not be done on a daily basis.
It is vital to note, though, that there are monthly as well as yearly chores that need to be undertaken for your hot tub to be kept in mint condition. Keeping a maintenance checklist will keep you on track of what should be done to avert damages and minimize repair costs.
Spa covers are great for protecting your hot tub water from being contaminated. These covers are prone to cracking while they are constantly exposed to harmful ultraviolet rays. Ultraviolet rays also cause the accumulation of mildew. The damage from these rays may be prevented by spraying a layer of vinyl product every once in a while.
Filters will need to be cleaned every once a month. Cleaning chemicals may be used for soaking filters overnight to effectively remove dirt, grime, grease, and oil from the tub water. Cartridges and grids may be cleaned in the same manner. Buy a replacement filter while the old ones soak during the night and rotate when the new ones need cleaning. This way filters last longer and will function more efficiently.
Drainage – non-solid materials such as salt and contaminants that accumulate in your hot tub are called Total Dissolved Solids, better known as TDS. Test strips may be bought to determine the level of TDS. The acceptable level of TDS in hot tubs is 1550 ppm (parts per million).
Once this level is exceeded, it is time to drain the hot tub water for replacement. In the absence of these test strips, cloudy and dirty water should be drained immediately to prevent diseases or water-borne infections. Draining the hot tub during winter when not in use prevents further damage. Timeliness in draining is vital in hot tub maintenance.
Flush Plumbing System
Plumbing is also another major system that needs to be thoroughly cleaned periodically to prevent major damage. Plumbing repair comes with a high price tag. Flushing the plumbing and jets free of grime before draining is very important. There are non-toxic cleansers that can flush out deposits effectively from pipes and hoses. Flushing should be a regular routine since grime and film cannot be seen always, and removing hardened salt may entail major cleaning procedures.
The correct cleaning techniques, the right kind and amount of chemicals and sanitizers, and timeliness of maintenance are keys to keeping your hot tub in the best of conditions. Making certain your hot tub is maintained regularly is like protecting your investment. Most importantly, keeping your hot tub in tip-top shape assures years and years of healthy, water fun for the family.
Hot Tub Cleaning
A fully relaxing hot tub experience is best achieved with a clean and safe hot tub. However, the chore of keeping one in pristine condition is something not everybody welcomes.
What many owners do not know is that scrubbing a hot tub clean is not as tedious as it seems, if done regularly. Here are useful hints on how to keep hot tubs spotless and hygienic:
How To Clean A Hot Tub
- Check for chemical levels in the water for safety. Chemicals do not only soften the water but also rids it of bacteria that can cause water-borne diseases. But too much or too little sanitizers and softeners can cause more harm than good. Chemical testing can be done with kits available from pool stores. For best results, water sampling may be performed on a weekly basis. Test kits will determine total alkalinity and calcium hardness. Ideal alkalinity should be between 80 ppm and 120 ppm (parts per million), ph levels should be between 7.2 and 7.6 and calcium hardness should be between 250 ppm and 400 ppm.
- Chemicals used for cleaning should be effective enough to remove scum. Scum can be difficult to wash, even with regular brushing. These are hard water elements and other materials that stick to the hot tub’s surface and can only be removed with the right chemicals. To determine the correct amount and type of chemical to use, it is a good idea to take a sample of your hot-tub’s scum to the pool store for advice. Pool experts should be able to determine the proper procedure and chemicals to use in washing out such unwanted materials in your hot tub.
- After determining whether the chemical levels are acceptable or not, and you are ready with the chemicals to use, proceed to drain the hot tub fully before starting to brush the surface. Fiberglass hot tubs may react to constant brushing; it is better if a small inconspicuous surface is brushed first to determine if marks appear.
- After the scrubbing or brushing, wash the tub with water and rinse thoroughly before filling it up with brand new water. Also, make sure filters are clean before installing them. If they are worn or damaged, immediately replace them to prevent further damage to the pipes of your hot tub. Cleaning the filters may require soaking overnight; it is best to have a second set that can be rotated for use when the old one is being cleaned. This is will likewise prolong the life of the filters. Also, care must be observed when washing filters and flushing pipes and drains to prevent accidents.
Hot tubs and pools provide maximum relaxation and fun. Cleaning and maintaining it in perfect condition is worth every investment one makes on them. If unsure about the right process and chemicals to use in cleaning a hot tub, always refer matters to the pool specialists.
They should be able to give recommendations on what chemicals and tools to use and the appropriate procedure for taking care of your spa. You may also consider hiring the services of reputable pool maintenance contractors for an expert hot tub cleaning job.